DC PERIO & IMPLANTS
We cherish and appreciate the confidence and trust you have in our practice with the care of your patients. It is our priority to recognize your unique vision and preferences in referring patients to our office. We also see our role in making our office a true extension of your office in order to create an easy and seamless transition for your patients as they receive their dental care.
We thank you for your referrals and the opportunity to work with you.
We appreciate the confidence you place in us when you refer your patients. Our goal is to achieve a seamless transition, so patients feel like our office is just an extension of yours. To help us accomplish this goal, we recommend reviewing this checklist when referring a patient to us.
- The more information we have about the referral the better! Please include tooth numbers and/or quadrants associated with your patient’s treatment needs. Also, please advise us of what you have done and what you want us to do in the future, so that we can reinforce your recommendations and be consistent in our treatment planning.
- Your patients should be advised that they will be seen first for an examination, and their surgery will occur at a separate appointment. This way we can further reinforce your suggestions as well as properly prepare them both in terms of pre and post-op care and finances.
- Our referral form is now available for download in electronic format. Please fill out and send via email to our office. Download referral form . Please fill out the form completely, so we know exactly how to take care of your patient.
- Current x-rays are also helpful. We recommend an FMX for comprehensive cases, a PA for specific cases (excluding tissue grafts), and a PANO for posterior implant cases.
- If you email the referral to us, you can either mail or email the x-rays. Please email the x-rays as a jpeg file.
- We have found that the highest referral follow-through happens when patients are scheduled while in your office. We know how busy things get, so if you call while your patient is there, we promise to do our best to quickly take care of your request.
- Please encourage your patients to continue care at your office while seeing us, even if it is only for a restorative exam. This keeps them up-to-date in your office throughout their treatment here.
- For patients on alternating recall between our offices, please make sure to forward copies of your x-rays, so we don’t inconvenience your patients by taking additional films.
- We welcome your phone calls and emails to discuss treatment prior to your patients coming in. The more information we share the better care the patient receives.
- If you have ANY questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to let us know. Our Treatment Coordinators, Maria and Mildred are always available to help facilitate comprehensive treatment planning.